My dog I think has mild tulip poisoning and has just passed blood in his wee, my mum and dad have rushed him to the vet but I’m really worried and don’t know what to expect? Do you know the sort of thing they will do?

Answered question

Tulip toxicity usually causes vomiting and is not typically associated with causing issues in the urinary tract.  In your case, I would worry that there is something else going on.  You did the right thing by getting him to the vet.  They will likely run a urinalysis and some bloodwork to get a better idea of what is going on.  If there are serious issues with the kidneys, they may hospitalize him and start him on fluid therapies to flush out the kidneys.  If they are worried about ingesting something toxic, they may induce vomiting and give him some activated charcoal to help prevent further absorption if anything was ingested recently.  Regardless of the cause of your dog’s symptoms, I hope he is feeling better soon.  If you are ever concerned about toxicity, I also recommend calling the ASPCA poison control here:  https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control

Answered question