692 views
0
0 Comments

I gave my puppy a few drops of acetaminophen 120mg/5ml and I wanna know if he is in danger he is 3 months old and is a Chihuahua it’s been 12 hours and he hasn’t shown any symptoms of intoxication is this doses lethal

Answered question
0

Any time you have a question about potentially toxic ingestion, I recommend calling the ASPCA poison control.  They will be able to let you know if the dose you gave is dangerous and what the appropriate actions are.  The alternative is that your dog should see a veterinarian straight away.  Acetaminophen toxicity can be life-threatening and without knowing the dose your dog got (the amount of acetaminophen given divided by the weight of your dog), there is no way to say for certain it has reached that threshold.  Some studies have reported that the toxic dose is 100mg/kg but without knowing your dog’s weight and the exact dose, it is impossible to say what dose your dog got.  Also, effects of toxicity usually occur within 4-12 hours.  Here is the link for ASPCA Poison control:  https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control

Changed status to publish