2.78K views
0
0 Comments

What do we do if our dog ate 4-5 grapes?

Changed status to publish
0

This question was recently answered and the condition remains largely the same except the quantities.  For the same to be true, your dog would need to weigh at least 5kg.  As for the post and the quote:

https://ask.vetbabble.com/free-answers-questions-pet/question/dog-ate-grape-2/

“for your specific case, the lowest report of grape toxicity I found was 0.3 oz/kg.  So, assuming your dog is over 1kg which your golden retriever should and the grape weighs 0.2 oz or less, your weight is above the threshold.   However, these studies are very old and it could depend on the dog as not all dogs are susceptible to grape/raisin toxicity so this study could be biased.  For the most current information on grape toxicity, I recommend calling the ASPCA poison control hotline at (888) 426-4435:  https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control

Answered question