Dog ate rat poison and 2 mins after I gave him peroxide to make him vomit. He threw up the chunks of bait and there was no green color in any of the vomit. Should he be okay?
If you are not seeing the rat bait in the vomit I would be very concerned. It is important to get your dog to see a veterinarian as rodenticide can be fatal if the dose is high enough and it is not treated. Depending on the rat bait that was taken, and most of the time it is anticoagulant rodenticide, the vet will determine the appropriate therapy. This oftentimes involves starting Vitamin K therapy for the next several weeks and checking clotting times. To find out more about the risk your dog is in, you can call the 24 hour ASPCA poison control hotline at (888) 426-4435. There is a fee for the service, but they can provide information to your veterinarian if it is determined that your dog needs to go to a vet.